7 to Look Out for in 2020
| Digital Marketing Agency in Phoenix
2020 is one for the history books.
With the constant change in the world, businesses must keep up to stay in the game.
It may seem difficult at times, but there are many expert ways to grow your business and success amidst challenges that may arrive.
At the start of the new decade, here are 7 digital marketing trends to look out for in 2020.
1. Chatbots and messenger platforms
Not every company can have a customer service agent near the phone 24/7. That’s why chatbots are the customer service agents of the future.
They are more accurate, quick, available—and aren’t short with customers. When consumers have a question, 82% want an “immediate” response. A chatbot’s quick response allows customers to make buying decisions that much faster.
In a survey, 63% said they would rather message with a chatbot than with a representative of a company.
Overall, it’s more conversational. Faster. More personalized. It’s the connection today’s consumers want. That’s why 80% of companies want chatbots in 2020.
With technology and trends moving faster than ever, it might be overwhelming to navigate tools like chatbots on your own. Partnering with a digital marketing agency in Phoenix might be the right solution to help you and your business keep moving forward.
- 79% of consumers get frustrated and annoyed when content isn’t relevant to them.
- 80% would rather invest in businesses that offer personalization.
- 90% say personalized ads are more attractive.
- EmailMonks’ Kevin George affirms that “personalized, triggered emails based on behavior are 3x better than batch-and-blast emails.”
Big names in business prove the power of personalization. Netflix’s recommended movie titles, Amazon’s very accurate product suggestions, and Spotify’s personalized playlists make for loyal, satisfied customers.
3. Video isn't optional
Videos make for more emotional connection, conversions, traffic, and revenue.
Here are some stats to back it up:
- Placing a video on your landing page can increase conversions by 80%.
- 64% say videos make them more likely to buy a product or service.
- Websites with videos on their home page can be 53x more likely to make it on the first page of Google search results and increase business exposure.
- Businesses that use video increase their revenue 49% quicker than those that don’t.
4. Voice search optimization
Surveys show that
- 55% of homes in America will have a smart home speaker assistant by 2022.
- 72% of people who own these devices use them daily.
The language people use when operating Google on their phone or computer is often different than the words they use when speaking the search; people tend to use longer, more fluid sentences and questions when voice searching compared to when typing a search.
Thus, it’s more important than ever to make sure your keywords are not only optimized and relevant for both, but your company must be on Google My Business (GMB) listings to increase business exposure. Finding a digital marketing agency in Phoenix to help you reinforce your SEO and establish your GMB listing is crucial to reaching consumers.
5. Influencer marketing and user-generated content
- About 86% of women go to social media prior to making a buying decision.
- 63% of consumers trust influencer reviews more than what the sponsoring business has to say.
- 58% of people have made a purchase in the past six months because of an influencer’s post.
- The ROI of influencer marketing is as high as 650%.
6. Interactive social media "stories"
Talk to them.
One great way to engage with your social media followers is through the 24-hour story feature on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and WhatsApp. Using stories to engage with your audience can
- organically increase brand awareness
- increase business exposure and web traffic
- Build relationships and engagement with followers
- Reach younger audiences
- Polls, surveys, and quizzes to engage and learn about your audience
- Easy link access for websites
- Geofilters and location tags
- Mentioning/tagging other brands or users
- Live video (which is increasing in popularity [Link to social media blog post])
- Options for clear call-to-actions
7. Content marketing
In 2018, 30.1% of Americans had an ad-blocker on their electronics. Of the rest who don’t, over half wish websites were bombarded with fewer advertisements.
People just don’t like ads. The solution? Create education-based, free content instead. [link to EBM blog post]
88% of B2B content marketers agree that creating content produces a more trusting audience. Consumers prefer and act on content marketing materials more:
- Small businesses that have blogs receive 126% more leads than those without one.
- Content marketing produces 6 times more conversion rates than traditional methods.
Why You Need to Hire a Digital Marketing Agency
Overall, things are changing for the good. Don’t get left behind. Attempting to apply these cutting-edge strategies yourself might be difficult to accomplish on your own. Good thing is, you don’t have to. Team up with Qapital Consulting, Digital Marketing Agency in Phoenix to start reaching and engaging your audience the 2020 way.