Is Video Crucial To Your Marketing Strategy?
Is video important to your marketing strategy? You’re damn right it is! Video is the way consumers choose to consume content. As video traﬃc grows online, the businesses that utilize content video as part of their marketing toolkit are experiencing massive success because video holds our attention much longer than any other form of marketing media. Remember how many times you have watched your favorite online videos, maybe even shared them? Now, what is the number of times you have willingly examined a banner ad? There’s just no comparison, is there?
Video Effectively Conveys Your Message.
We’ve all heard that a picture is worth 1000 words. However, one minute of video is worth at least 1.8 million words, according to Forrester Research’s Dr. James McQuivey. Dr. McQuivey arrived at this conclusion by comparing a video’s thirty frames in a second, where each second equals thirty pictures. There are sixty seconds in a minute. Therefore, thirty images in a one-second video are equal to eighteen hundred pictures in one minute. Each picture is worth 1000 words; multiplied by eighteen hundred gives you 1.8 million words a minute in a video.
Videos engage our senses with sight, sound, color, and motion. When you produce a video correctly, it evokes emotion, which is why it works so effectively. Keep in mind, over 90 percent of purchasing decisions are based on emotion. So while examining the visuals in a video, you also absorb the information provided by music, a voiceover or speaker, and the action it contains. As a result, you exponentially increase the amount of content your consumers take in, in a fraction of the time it would take for them to read it.
More than 3 out of 5 consumers will spend at least 2 minutes watching a video that educates them about a product they plan to purchase.
- 90% of purchasing decisions are based on emotion.
- Website visitors who view an online product or service video are 85% more likely to buy.
- 60% of consumers will willingly watch a video about a product they are looking to buy.
- Marketers rate video as more effective than any other website initiative.
The result is a more engaged, more informed audience well-prepared to buy your product or service. What could be more beneﬁcial than that?
Video Establishes Credibility.
When you use professionally produced video for your website or online marketing strategy, it engages your prospects like no other medium can. When you see a video that was well thought out and produced, you automatically assume that the company behind it is successful. However, when you look at a poorly produced video, you often wonder how that company is still in business. A well-produced video has the power to not only give your business the credibility it needs but also position your business as the expert in its industry.
- Consumers are 2 X (twice as likely) likely to visit a website after viewing a professionally produced video.
- Professionally produced video outperforms user-generated video by over 30%.
Video Boosts Your Online Search Ranking.
Much of your website’s success depends on the amount of traﬃc it receives and how long that traﬃc remains. A video will not only attract that traﬃc to your site (from YouTube or another social media presence) but will keep that traﬃc on the pages of your website longer than any other medium can. When you get more traﬃc and users stay on your site longer, your bounce rate decreases, and Google takes note, ranking your website higher in search results. Ranking higher in search results will drive more traﬃc to your site. Are you beginning to see a pattern yet?
- Websites with video content are 53 times more likely to rank on the ﬁrst page of Google search results.
- Video search results have a 41% better click-through rate than text.
- 65% of executives will visit a company’s website after viewing its video.
- 73% of consumers want ads that tell a unique story and not just try to sell a product.
Video Reaches A Larger Audience.
Every year, the number of people watching online content videos increases exponentially. Moreover, the reasons are apparent. A video is easy to consume; if it is entertaining and stimulating. It has the perfect combination of visuals, audio, and movement that holds the viewer’s attention. Consumers also love sharing videos. Have you ever noticed how many videos pop up on your Facebook newsfeed? People love posting and sharing videos with their friends on social media more than any other type of medium. For your business, this means you can reach a vast audience more rapidly!
- Nearly 90% of online traﬃc is expected to be video within the next five years.
- Videos are shared 1200% more than links and text combined.
- For every one person on the planet, 140 videos were viewed every day.
Selecting The Right Video Production Company.
So now that you know you need professionally produced content video to improve your business’s marketing success, how do you determine which video producer is the best ﬁt for you? You can start by asking these crucial questions:
- How much experience do you have with video production?
- How will you involve us in each of the four main stages of video production?
- Do you have competent concept developers and scriptwriters
- What type of equipment do you use throughout the production process?
- How many cameras do you typically have on a set?
- How many people do you usually have on hand to make a video shoot run smoothly?
- What software do you use during the post-production process?
- Can I see examples of past work?
- How long does the production process take from pre-production through deployment?
- What type of media outlets will you use to promote our new video?
Now You Know.
Video is essential if you are looking to take your marketing efforts to the next level. You have seen the facts and statistics presented. Do you want to miss out on an excellent marketing opportunity for your company? We didn’t think so! Get on the content video marketing bandwagon. If you want to learn more, just let us know!
Written by: Todd Taylor, Sr. Marketing Director/Account Manager for Qapital Consulting, LLC.